Saturday, May 31, 2008

Netzers Storm The Web

Alright digi-family, our first post is dedicated to the 201 Memorial Day PAR-TAY. As soon as I figure out how to post the pictures on this I will. But I am sure you all remember the menu of pepper dip (from my garden), Jill's guacamole (that I actually ate....it was amazing), kabobs a la Vicki (chicken, veggies, shrimp and steak) and two kinds of pie (Debra's SECRET PB PIE) and my strawberry interpretation. Plenty of beverages for everyone and the new and improved backyard was on full display (pictures to follow on that as well). So I am not as adept or funny as Sara on the blogging thing but hey, it is my first time. I called Grandma on the way out to camp and we were talking about saving money. She told me that she and Papa saved money nearly every single month and one time they saved $5 whole dollars. Grandma was saving to buy a new bedspread from J.C. PENNY (and it was real pretty) but Mr. Adams and Ralph were coming to dinner that Sunday and they had to use the money they saved for groceries and Grandma was SO upset. But, they did get the bedspread later and she appreciated it more because she had to wait. She also used to through away a lot of cereal when Mom and Debra were little because it went stale, but cereal was only $0.25 or $0.50, not like it is today. She was going to lunch with a lady from her church group later on.....Red Lobster. YUM.

No comments: